Thursday, July 30, 2009

I can hardly believe it...

...but my baby is 14 years old today! FOURTEEN! How did THAT happen?
Wasn't it just last week that I was in labor for 32 hours accusing the nurses of giving me a placebo in place of the epidural? Wasn't it just last week that the nurse placed a tiny bundle of love in my arms...wrapped up so tight I was afraid to unwrap him? I even called the nurse for permission to open up his blankets. I buzzed the nurse and said, "Um, hi, is it OK if I unwrap him?". Her reply? "Of course Honey, he's YOURS." Wow. Mine. Amazing.
Happy Birthday to my sweet son, Seth...you are a gift from God and we love you!

8 comments:

A Friend Across the Miles said...

Ain't it the truth? My mom warned me that once our wee ones enter our lives, time flies - and she was so right!

Happy, happy birthday to Seth!

You Can Call Me Jane said...

Wow- what a milestone. Enjoy celebrating!

Elaine said...

OH my gosh. 14. That's amazing. My baby will be 18 in 3 days. I don't know where the time goes.

He's a handsome boy, Michelle. I'm sure you're proud.

Love!

PS -- you called the nurse? You crack me up.

Anonymous said...

love the photo. another July boy!! happy birthday : )

Wren said...

Of course I love the nurses response...
Happy Birthday Seth!!

Kelly said...

Awe! Now that I am a Mom I understand that birthdays are for Moms. You get one day a year to tell your birth story to anyone within earshot, to oggle over baby pictures, and to remember the first time you saw, smelled, and touched your precious child for the first time.

Birthdays truly are a celebration of life, Happy Birthday to Seth and to Mom as well- he is a handsome boy!

Nancy said...

It is amazing how quickly the years pass. I have to say though that I love watching our girls grow into young ladies. I'm sure you feel the same way about seeing your boys become young men. Please give birthday wishes to Seth!

Anonymous said...

we just looked through baby pictures of emily today and i got all flustered...and she's eight!